Not like the raw egg has ever stopped me from eating cookie dough before but…
here is an eggless cookie dough recipe for y’all.
Since it has been too hot to turn on the oven for the past few days (AND I NEEDED COOKIES) I decided to make some family friendly cookie dough that can’t possible give us all salmonella. Hooray- go me.
Here is the recipe from over here–
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips (Ghirardelli is my fave)
- With your mixer, cream together butter and brown sugar. Add in vanilla and salt, mix.
- Add in flour. The mixture is going to be crumbly at this point.
- Add in 2 tablespoons of milk and mix. Now the dough will look like the cookie dough you’re used to seeing.
- Fold in 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips and 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator. Freeze for up to three months.
So even if it is too hot to fire up the ol’ oven you can still enjoy a delicious cookie snack without making your family sick.